Work is an essential part of many people's lives but can also be a source of stress. With deadlines, promotions, and competition it can feel overwhelming at times. Here are 8 tips on how to de-stress at work:
1. Take a walk: many people work inside or behind a desk all day. Getting outside and taking a walk can help release endorphins, reduce anxiety, and help clear your head.
2. Get organized: high workloads and deadlines can quickly become overwhelming. Take time to list what tasks you have and the deadlines. Create and write out a realistic plan to accomplish everything on your plate. When you feel in control of what you're doing, it can help relieve stress.
3. Find support: this can be a two-fold step. When work loads and expectations become unrealistic - ask for help. Speak to your supervisor about barriers to getting work done and ideas to accomplish your goals. Support can also come from coworkers and friends. You want to surround yourself with people who will listen and help you remain positive.
4. Listen to music: this can be therapeutic, help calm you down or pump you up. Find a style of music that fits your emotions and needs. You can even create a playlist with certain mood boosting tracks.
5. Use essential oils: smell can be connected with emotions and essential oils are often used to help relieve stress. Lavender oil is known to help calm you down but find one you like. You can even use our Revive Yourself Aloe Gel, which is full of tea tree, eucalyptus, and lavender oil. We like to use essential oils for deep breathing. Sit up straight, close your eyes, take a big deep breathe in from your nose as you breathe in the essential oil, then slowly breath out through your mouth.
6. Take your meal break: so many people eat at their desk or while they are working. It's important to take breaks throughout the day. Spend that time focusing your energy and thoughts into something else besides work.
7. Use your time off: many companies are allowing people to take mental health days as sick days. If you have vacation time built up, make sure you use it. Days off are important to help prevent burn out and to revitalize you. Don't let them go to waste.
8. Be mindful and aware: this is the most important. Work stress can come from many different sources so it's important to recognize when you are feeling stressed, where the stress is coming from, and the impact that stress has on you. When you are aware of this you can be mindful in practicing these or other de-stressing techniques.
We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.
A password reset email has been sent to the email address on file for your account, but may take several minutes to show up in your inbox. Please wait at least 10 minutes before attempting another reset.
No account yet?
Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history. Just fill in the fields below, and we’ll get a new account set up for you in no time. We will only ask you for information necessary to make the purchase process faster and easier.